Qualified Nephrologists from Outside British Columbia
The UBC Division Nephrology is pleased to offer continuing professional development opportunities to qualified nephrologists from outside British Columbia. Visitors may participate in a variety of learning opportunities. There will be no direct or indirect patient care, and there are no requirements for registration with the BC College of Physicians and Surgeons or the UBC Postgraduate Medical Education Office. These experiences have no status within UBC.
- Physicians must have completed postgraduate training in Nephrology or Internal Medicine.
- Submit a letter of interest and Curriculum Vitae to Maeve Lalor, UBC Division & Programs Administrator (email@example.com) specifying: the hospital(s) in which they wish to attend rounds (i.e. St. Paul’s Hospital and/or Vancouver General Hospital), visit start and end dates, and whether a staff physician within the Division has already been contacted.
- At both Vancouver General Hospital and St Paul’s Hospital, visitor privileges are granted for a maximum of 6 months at a time. A separate application is required by each site. Visitors will require:
- Letter of Authorization from the Office of Medical Affairs at VGH and/or SPH (i.e. at the site(s) where observation will occur). This is granted following a formal request by the Department and Division Heads on behalf of visitors. Visitors do not apply for this directly. This letter must be granted before the visitor attends any Divisional activities at VGH or SPH.
- A visitor badge which should be worn during observation.