The Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine at The University of British Columbia invites applications for Home Dialysis Clinical Scholar Training Program: 2020-2021
This is a 12-month fellowship offered through collaboration of the BCPRA and the UBC Division of Nephrology.
Rationale: While the practice of nephrology will always require general nephrology knowledge and wide exposure to all aspects of care, there is a growing recognition that dialysis-related expertise, and in particular, expertise in home-based therapies requires more intensive exposure than may be obtained during a general nephrology fellowship two-year training period.
Eligibility: Individuals who have completed 24 months of training in an accredited nephrology program or those who have completed 12 months, under special circumstances, with the approval of the Residency program supervisory and the Home Dialysis Special Fellowship Training Director. We will be accepting applications from candidates who graduated from medical school within 10 years of starting our fellowship.
College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC English Language Requirement for Registration: The College has considered in the interest of patient care, any candidate applying for licensure in British Columbia must have the ability to speak, read, and write, English. If the language of primary medical education and patient care was not in English the successful completion of IELTS Academic examination is required (waiver will not be granted).
- Minimum score of 7 in each component.
- Test Report Form (TFR) is valid for a period of two years from date taken.
• To develop expertise in the delivery of home based therapies (PD and home hemodialysis) through extended exposure to large cohorts of patients, clinical circumstances and administrative activities.
• To gain exposure to opportunities for novel facility-based independent HD modalities.
• To develop expertise in program management and evaluation.
• To gain understanding of program development, implementation and resource allocation issues in home therapies.
• To ensure exposure to pediatric and adult home programs.
Applicants interested in applying for this program should send:
1) Letter of intent and CV and names of three references to the UBC Division of Nephrology Clinical Scholar in Home Therapies Program, c/o Tammie Davis firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30, 2019 for applicants seeking early 2020 starting date and by November 15, 2019 for applicants seeking July/August 2020 starting date.
2) Decisions re: successful applicants will be forthcoming by October 15 (early 2020 starting date), by Nov 30, 2019 for July/August 2020 starting date.
3) Expected start date is January/March 2020 or July/August 2020.
Thank you for your interest.